Welcome! Success begins with YOU!!
Dear students and parents,
Thank you for checking out my pages. Here you can find useful information about the classes I teach, my classroom policies, and my class calendar. I look forward to working with you throughout the year to achieve success. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or comments (I check my email several times throughout the day). My conference period is 6th, if a phone call is preferred.
I also use the app Remind 101. This allows me to send out a group text to students (and parents) reminding them of assignments and projects and upcoming due dates. The app is free to download and a great communication tool for me. To register to receive these text communications, you can download the app and sign up for the class using my code @9f75b or by texting (562) 846-1049 with the message @9f75b.
- LANGUAGE ARTS 12 This is an Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC)--a comprehensive, college-prep class, teaching Common Core standards. This course was developed by the California State University system and has been adopted by the Norwalk-La Mirada District. The syllabus for the course can be found under the Files for Download L.A. 12 section. I post my Daily Agenda (which includes homework, upcoming assignments, assessments, and due dates) under the section Language Arts 12 Calendar.
- Files for Download L.A. 12 Here you will find my class rules, plagiarism policy, syllabus, and assignment files for my senior class.
- College Information and Scholarships Here you will find updated information that the Counseling Office shares with the Language Arts 12 teachers.
- TURNITIN.COM--Almost all projects and essays must be submitted through turnitin.com for credit. This site is used by many of the teachers on campus to help reduce/eliminate cheating and plagiarism. The site produces originality reports and shows, if there is plagiarism, the source of it. A "Creating Your Turnitin.com Account" handout can be found in the Files for Download section at left. If you already have an established account and need the ID# or password, they are listed below.
- ERWC Language Arts 12 ID#: 8693668
Password: nocheating (all one word, lowercase)