Thanks to the generous, one year, funding from California Teachers Association, Institute for Teaching, the Solar Energy Academy will be adding on a new component: the Green Jobs School Project.
These new monies will empower us to
1. provide extra green career fieldtrips for academy students
2. purchase new instructional equipment
3. provide teachers with extra cross-curriculum planning time to develop common projects
4. extra substitute time for academy coordination
THANK YOU CTA/IFT!!!
Check out the two articles below and pictures from our CTA/TANLA Grant Celebration on June 18, 2010:
1. Whittier Daily News
2. NLMUSD Board Member, Daryll Adams with Norma Williamson and Golden West College Professor, Marius Cucurny
3. CTA/IFT Newsletter
4. Students Chris and Alex operating solar powered fountain
5. Dick Gale, Executive Director, CTA/IFT with Norma Williamson, Project Coordinator
More event pictures listed on Photo Album (box to the right) then click on "CTA/TANLA Grant Celebration, June 18, 2010".